In July 2015, the Agnini Brothers became ACTIVE MEMBERS of the bewborne Digital Dentistry Society.
The Digital Revolution is changing the world: computers and Digital devices are making what were previously manual tasks easier, faster, cheaper and more predictable.
Even in Dentistry, Digital technologies are rapidly advancing: new tools such as intra/ extra-oral scanners, cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) scanners, computer aided design / computer aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) softwares and innovative fabrication procedures such as 3D printing and layered manufacturing are changing the way we treat our patients.
Accordingly, dental professionals need to change the way they think, communicate and work,to adapt to this new challenging scenario: waiting to adopt or integrate the Digital technologies would leave them decades behind.
For all these reasons, the International Scientific Society named Digital Dentistry Society (DDS) has been formally established.
The mission of Digital Dentistry Society (DDS) is:
- to stimulate opportunities for the advancement, extension and practice of Digital Dentistry worldwide;
- to enhance the scientific potential, capability and achievements of Digital Dentistry;
- to draw specific guidelines to set and maintain professional standars which strengthen the prestige of Digital Dentistry;
- to assist individual Members (dental clinicians, technicians, radiologists, software developers and engineers) to develop their professional knowledge and ability;
- to develop information exchange among Members through Congresses, Conferences, Courses, Publications, and Seminars;
- to encourage communication and collaboration between individual Members of different countries;
- to promote the role of Digital Dentistry in the Partner Companies/Industries;
- to secure professional recognition for Members and Partner Companies/Industries;
- to develop mutual understanding and co-operation among the affiliated Societies of different countries;
- to help affiliated Societies and Organizations to promote their activities;
- to seek interdisciplinary technological co-operation with other international organizations in the public and private sectors.
The society has in its Active Members, worldwide famous clinicians such as Christian Coachman, Irena Sailer, Scott Ganz and Nitzan Bitchacho.